I have been postponing the inevitable…the daunting task of packing. I love traveling but I’m not a fan of all the work associated with it (e.g. booking plane tickets, hotel, car rentals, packing etc). However, once I have packed my suitcases, I’m always pleasantly surprised with how seemingly easy it was. When it comes to packing, I just love to procrastinate. On average, every time we go on a trip my husband will ask me about 5 times, if I have packed yet. My sheepish response is usually, “I know, I know, I’m on it!” As the deadline nears, and the days leading up to the trip approaches, I do begin to get nervous. But for whatever reason unbeknownst to me, I prefer packing the night before. I guess by then, I have no choice but to get my act together:) I’m constantly reminded by my ever so organized husband that I need to stop with all the shenanigans and get it done already!
So this brings me to today! The day before the trip! I hit snooze twice on my alarm clock and then I hear my husband’s voice in the distance. “Make sure you pack…seriously! Trip is tomorrow!” I rushed to work for a short meeting and rushed back to begin packing. I had a slight headache and I was contemplating a short nap but in the end I decided I couldn’t put it off any longer.
So I did a load of laundry and I was ready!
I thought I’d share with you what I’ve packed. These are items I usually can’t leave home without when travelling. I’m still debating on whether or not I should check-in my luggage or only bring a carry-on. So far I can fit everything into my carry-on with the exception of my shoes. I’m not sure my husband will let me pack my shoes in his luggage:/
It would be nice to not have checked luggage so when we arrive, we can head straight to the rental car kiosk.
I cannot forget:
- my purse/ wallet
- my passport
- print out of Flight tickets or Confirmation #
In my luggage I have:
- my cell phone/charger (I have cute draw string bags and organizers to keep it all neat)
- my iPod
- my hair straightener & hair brush
- sun screen
- eyeglasses/ sunglasses
- pink zippy purse for all my jewelry
- Gravol/ Advil etc.
- separate bag to store my dirty clothes
- anti-bacterial wipes or gel
- ear plugs
- reading material (magazine & book)
- tweezers / nail clippers
- small mirror
- my makeup (naked palette, lipstick, lip balm, blush, eyeliner, mascara, face wash, face cream, foundation, press power etc.)
- tooth brush/ tooth paste/ floss
- dry shampoo
- hair ties
The clothes I’ve packed for this four-day vacation include:
- 2 light summer dresses
- a pair of jeans
- airy drawstring pants
- a t-shirt & undershirt/ tank top
- an off shoulder top
- a romper (I might take out because it’s so hard to use the bathroom in it;)
- a tunic
- a pair of tights
- a couple pairs of pjs
- bathing suit
- a formal dress for the wedding
- 3 pairs of shoes (dressy shoes, flats/sandals, wedges)
- undergarments for each day
I’m notorious for over-packing…I think this time I did ok;)
Yikes…I hope I didn’t forget anything! If I did, it’s not to late to post and tell me! Thanks!!